Every patient struggles with a unique set of challenges. For anyone seeking help, we offer a range of individual counseling options to suit different situations and needs, including the following:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): Through CBT, patients learn to identify and correct their false or negative thinking. As a result, they can more clearly view and thus overcome their challenges.
- Motivational interviewing: When a patient lacks the motivation needed to change their behavior, motivational interviewing builds their confidence and commitment to growth.
- Person-centered therapy: In person-centered counseling, patients take the lead in discussions. The therapist listens to the patient and helps them discover their own solutions to challenges.
- Solution-focused therapy: Instead of analyzing current issues or past events, this approach looks forward. It explores hopes for the future and resolutions to solvable issues.
- Trauma-focused therapy: This therapy type is designed to help patients overcome depression, anxiety, and other symptoms associated with PTSD and other forms of trauma.
- Strength-based therapy: When patients struggle with poor self-esteem, strength-based therapy helps them identify their best qualities, grow more resilient, and take a positive mindset.
Relationships of all kinds are difficult, and this is especially true within families. Our family therapy services help patients overcome struggles, resolve interpersonal issues, and improve communication. They include:
- Couples and marriage counseling: This kind of therapy helps participants in a relationship develop the tools they need to successfully communicate and resolve conflict.
- Adolescent and teen counseling: We empower adolescents and teenagers to overcome school-age-related problems like poor self-esteem, academic stress, bullying, and social rejection. We can also help tackle mental health and developmental disorders that emerge in young people.
- Parenting skills counseling: These discussions center on overcoming parenting challenges like communicating with children, discipline, and the pressure of having long-term impacts on children’s lives.
Other Types of Support
To better serve the needs of our community, North Ward Behavioral Health Center also offers the following types of support:
- Relationship counseling: Counseling can improve relationships by spurring better communication skills, setting clear goals and expectations, and encouraging more positive ways for individuals to relate to one another.
- Grief and loss counseling: Most people experience loss at some point in life. Counseling can help individuals work through their pain and navigate their complex feelings of grief.
Seek Support Today
If you or a loved one is considering counseling, choose North Ward Behavioral Health Center, a top-notch care center in Newark, NJ. We work with patients from all backgrounds – regardless of the challenges they’re facing – and will take the time to understand your experiences and needs. Contact us to get connected with one of our counselors and set up your first appointment.